The 2018-2020 Elected Jarratt Town Council are listed below. You can contact any member to assist you in answering any of your questions regarding activities within the Town of Jarratt.
LISTED BELOW ARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE TOWN:
1. Town Council meets every month on the 1st and 2nd Tuesday, at the Town Hall, meetings begin at 7:00pm. We encourage you to attend these meetings to find out what is going on in YOUR town.
2. The Mayor is in her office every weekday.
3. Garbage pick up is on Tuesday and Friday unless changed for the holiday schedule. Garbage should be placed in a suitable container – no “small mouth” containers. If you use bags, the bags should be at least 2.0 Mils. The container and contents should weigh no more than 50 pounds. The Town Personnel are not allowed to enter buildings or grounds for removal of trash and garbage. We will not collect waste matter discarded by contractors or landowners/tenants on building projects (old or new) and the burden of such waste matter shall be left to the property owner or tenant. All trees, tree trimmings and shrub trimmings are to be placed in a container or tied up in bundles small enough for one man to handle. We do not pick up whole trees or big limbs.
4. The 2nd and last Wednesdays are designated for collection of larger items. (No auto tires)
5. It is the duty of all owners and occupants of any property situated in Town to cut and remove grass, weeds and vegetation and to remove trash, etc.
6. It shall be unlawful for any person to drop, deposit or discard litter in or upon any public or private property within the Town of Jarratt, including but not restricted to any street, park or lot. (The park in “Little City” has been a problem area of dumping. Please obey the law!)
7. It shall be the duty of each residential property owner or tenant and each commercial establishment to keep all exterior property free of litter.
8. Each owner, tenant or agent, etc whose property faces a sidewalk or strip between a sidewalk and street shall be responsible for keeping said sidewalk and strip clean.
9. It shall be unlawful for any person to keep or allow to be kept, on any property in the Town, any motor vehicle, which is inoperative, unless the same is kept within a fully enclosed building or is otherwise screened from public view.
10. The quartering of livestock (including, but not limited to horses, cows, hogs, fowl) within the Town of Jarratt shall be unlawful.
11. For problems with dogs, call the Animal Control Officer in the county in which you live. Greensville: 348-4200; Sussex: 246-5511
12. All abandoned buildings must be boarded up and locked up to prevent entry by unauthorized persons.
13. All children 15 and under have a curfew for the Town of Jarratt for 10:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m.
14. Taxes are due on December 5th each year.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
The Town Council
Town of Jarratt