Town of Jarratt
Request for Proposals
118 Jarratt Avenue
Jarratt, Virginia 23867
RFP issued: March 19, 2019
Deadline for RFP Submission: May 06, 2019 at 7:00pm
Opening of RFP: May 07, 2019 at 7:00pm
The Town of Jarratt is soliciting proposals for the lease of the restaurant building located at 118 Jarratt Avenue, Jarratt, Virginia 23867
PURPOSE: The intent of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to obtain competitive proposals from qualified individuals for the lease of the restaurant owned by the Town of Jarratt located at 118 Jarratt Avenue, Jarratt, Virginia 23867.
INSTRUCTIONS to PROPOSERS: Receipt of Proposals – proposals may be hand delivered to the Town Office located at 108 S. Braxton Avenue, Jarratt, Virginia 23867 (Office is open Monday 5:00pm – 8:00pm, Tuesday 1:00pm – 8:00pm and Thursday 2:00pm – 8:00pm) mailed to P. O. Box 336, Jarratt, Virginia 23867. All proposals shall be in a sealed envelope with “Restaurant Lease RFP” on the back on the envelope. All proposals will be stamped with the date and time received. All proposals will be opened on May 07, 2019 at 7:00pm.
Late Proposals: Proposals received after the deadline for submission shall be rejected and will not be opened or considered.
Review of Proposals: The Town reserves the right to waive informalities, non-material defects, or clerical errors in any proposal. The Town also reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, or any part of a proposal, when said action is deemed to be in the best interest of the Town. The Town reserves the right to negotiate with one or more respondents as it sees fit. Proposals will be evaluated based on what is in the best interests of the Town. Cost may not be the sole factor in evaluating proposals. No contract rights shall accrue to a respondent unless and until the Town and the respondent execute a binding contract.
Proposal Costs: All costs incurred in the preparation of the proposals will be borne entirely by the individual submitter.
Ownership of Proposals: All proposals submitted and information contained therein and attached thereto shall be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Irrevocability of Proposals: Respondent(s) may amend or withdraw their proposals prior to this RFP’s due date and time by submitting a clear and detailed written notice to the Town. All proposals become irrevocable after the date and time they are due.
Rejection: The right is reserved to reject any and all, or any part thereof, of all bids or proposal when such action is deemed in the best interest of the Town.
The proposal should include the following information:
- Name, address, phone number, email, social security number or Federal ID#. For credit history, credit score and background check.
- Your proposal should be concise, specific and complete and should demonstrate a thorough understanding of the minimum requirements.
- Legibility, clarity and completeness are much more important than elaborate brochures or presentations.
- Your proposal must be signed by an official authorized to bind you contractually and must be accompanied by a statement to the effect that your offer is firm for a period of not less than sixty (60) calendar days after the closing date for receipt of offers.
- To aid in our evaluation, your proposal should address the following areas:
- Category of Restaurant
- Type of Restaurant
- Menu Pricing
- Kid Friendly
- Hours of Operation
- Healthy Choices Available
- Special Offers/Discounts
- If samples of menu items offered will be available
- If you plan to offer alcohol with meals/if so what would you offer
- Would you want to have a bar area or just serve alcohol with meals
- Market Share/Target Customers
- Business Plan and Executive Summary
- Letter of Intent to Lease the Restaurant
- Would you be an active day-to-day, hands on manager or just a lease and someone else run the Restaurant
- Establishment(s) you have owned or managed in the food industry
- Occupancy – when would you be able to open the restaurant
- Lease Terms and Conditions
- Price you would be willing to pay per month
- Length of lease you would be willing to sign
- Would you be looking to add an option to extend the lease
LEASE AWARD: Award may be made without discussion of offers received. Therefore, your proposal should be submitted on the most favorable terms, from a price and length standpoint possible. The lease will be awarded to the proposal most advantageous to the Town, price and other factors considered.